Required RasT and Implicit Bias Training
Every PGY1 Resident and Incoming Fellow (who teach medical students) is Required to attend the Resident as Teacher (RasT) and Implicit Bias Training, a one-half day workshop during the beginning of the academic year. This mandatory training has been evolving since the fall of 2009.
The content of the required workshop includes:
- Setting Expectations and Orienting Your Learner
- How to teach Goals and Objectives in your Field of Medicine
- Teaching the Hidden Curriculum
- Clinical Teaching Microskills
- Providing Feedback
- Ideal and Sub-optimal Attributes of Teaching and Teaching Environments
- Implicit Bias Training
- Residents receive Learning Objectives and an Orientation to Clinical Specialties Clerks
Workshop is required for all PGY1 Residents/Fellows. This will be an in-person only interactive workshop. If you need to make a change, please send an email with your request.
Sign in is required for workshop credit. Your UF Badge/UF ID # is needed for scanning attendance.