Every incoming resident is required to attend the Resident as Teacher (RasT) one-day workshop during the beginning of the academic year. This mandatory workshop has been evolving since the fall of 2009. In addition to first year residents, we also welcome other incoming residents/fellows within the College of Medicine to participate in the workshops.
The content of the required workshop includes:
- Pre-Test (Survey)
- Setting Expectations, Goals and Objectives, and Orienting the Learner [Film clip, Small Group Exercises, Large Group Discussion]
- Hidden Curriculum
- Clinical Teaching Microskills [Didactic, Scripted Cases with Role Playing, Large Group Discussion]
- Providing Feedback [Large Group Discussion,Small Group Case-based Activities]
- Pulling it Together [Cases, Videos, and Large Group Discussion
- Post-Test (Survey) and Workshop Evaluation
Sign in is required for workshop credit. Your UF Badge/UF ID # is needed for scanning attendance.
Either breakfast or lunch will be provided.
Workshop is required for all PGY1 Residents/Fellows
For More Information
Contact Renata Dolbier at 352-273-5752 or send an email to UFMedEdRAST@ahc.ufl.edu with questions or concerns.