Required RasT and Implicit Bias Training
Every PGY1 Resident and Incoming Fellow (who teach medical students) is Required to attend the Resident as Teacher (RasT) and Implicit Bias Training, a one-half day workshop during the beginning of the academic year. This mandatory training has been evolving since the fall of 2009. These sessions take place every fall between August and October. RasT Program support works with Program coordinators to schedule each PGY1 Resident and Incoming Fellow.
The content of the required workshop includes:
- Setting Expectations and Orienting Your Learner
- How to teach Goals and Objectives in your Field of Medicine
- Teaching the Hidden Curriculum
- Clinical Teaching Microskills
- Providing Feedback
- Ideal and Sub-optimal Attributes of Teaching and Teaching Environments
- Implicit Bias Training
- Residents receive Learning Objectives and an Orientation to Clinical Specialties Clerks
Workshop is required for all PGY1 Residents/Fellows. This will be an in-person only interactive workshop. If you need to make a change, please send an email with your request. Sign in is required for workshop credit.