This optional Longitudinal RasT Program is designed to further enhance residents’/fellows’ ability to teach medical students, colleagues, staff, and patients by expanding their teaching skills.
Program Completion Requirements
A resident/fellow must attend a minimum of 10 unique topics (curriculum offered approximately twice over three years), to earn a certificate for the completion of the Resident as Teacher Longitudinal Program. For those that are in a 1 year fellowship, you must attend 70% of the sessions (8 sessions) during the year to earn a certificate.
These interactive sessions are approximately one hour in length. Sign in required for workshop credit.
- How to Make Teaching Sessions Interactive: Part I – Teaching with Cutting Edge Audience Response Systems – Poll Everywhere
- How to Make Teaching Sessions Interactive: Part II – Brainstorming, Pair & Share, Small Group Activities, & Large Group Discussions
- Team-based Learning & Flipping the Classroom
- Teaching Procedures
- Presenting an Effective Medical Lecture
- Setting Up Your Presentation for Success: How to Make Effective Goals & Objectives
- Learner Factors that Impact Teaching & How to Best Navigate Them
- Dealing with the Difficult Learner
- The Struggling Learner: How to Help Them
- Patient Education: Motivational Interviewing to Promote Behavior Change
- Teaching Conflict Resolution
- Social and Emotional Learning: Why It Is Important to Harness in Your Teaching
- Five-Step Clinical Microskills
- Teaching at the Bedside: Practical Application
- Effectively Educating Staff and Colleagues – How to Apply this During a Busy Day
- One-Minute Preceptor Model
- How to effectively orient your learner, set useful expectations, and create a positive learning environment
- Providing Effective Feedback
- Teaching the Hidden Curriculum
- How to Use Group Dynamics to Make Teaching More Interactive
Longitudinal Resident as Teacher sessions will occur on the first Wednesday of each month from 5:30-6:30 pm, except when it falls on a holiday. Sign in is required for workshop credit. Your UF Badge/UF ID # will be used for scanning.
SESSIONS ARE TAUGHT BY FACULTY WITH EXPERTISE IN THE TOPIC. RESIDENTS ARE ASKED TO COMPLETE AN EVALUATION AT THE END OF THE SESSION. FOR QUESTION PLEASE CONTACT RENATA DOLBIER @ UFMEDEDRAST@AHC.UFL.EDU.