The Clerkship Directors (Phase 2 and 3) Committee is responsible to the Associate Dean for Medical Education and Curriculum Committee. The committee’s roles and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring horizontal and vertical integration/coordination across the curriculum.
- Implementing the goals, objectives, and teaching responsibilities of the curriculum for each clerkship.
- Maintaining an organized schedule of educational activities and coordinating student assessments and evaluations in Phase 2 and 3 of the curriculum.
- In collaboration with the Director of Program Evaluation, reviewing syllabi, learning objectives, and assessment criteria to ensure effective integration of course materials, teaching, and assessment methods and adherence to College and University policies.
- Providing input to the Curriculum Committee related to potential gaps and/or unplanned redundancies informed by course reviews, AAMC GQ, student outcome data, and other relevant data.
- Sharing teaching methods and education delivery modalities to promote learning.
- Reviewing overall student/class performance in preparation for graduation.
Membership of the committee consists of:
- Individual clerkship directors of required educational experiences
- Director of the Fourth Year
- “Thread” leaders
Ex officio (non-voting) members include:
- Senior Associate Dean for Educational Affairs
- Associate Dean for Medical Education
- Associate Dean for Student Affairs
- Medical Director of the Anaclerio Learning and Assessment Center
- Director of Program Evaluation and Student Assessment
- Office for Diversity and Health Equity representative
- Director Office of Student Counseling and Development
- HSC Library representative
- Course Directors of Introduction to Clinical Medicine 1-4