CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
November 13th, 2018
7:30 to 9:00 AM, HMEB Room 128
Videoconference to Deal Boardroom
Attendance: Novak, Aris, Maldonado, Hagen, Hatch, Beal, Zaidi, Zumberg, Diachun, Alissa, Collins, Cooper, Fantone, Gorske, Davis, Norton, O’Neill, Vidaurreta
Recording: Robyn Screws
Dr. Novak called to order 7:30 am
- Motion made to approve the October minutes, motion seconded, approved unanimously.
- Aris informed the committee that Phase 1 is going smoothly, working to identify at risk students to help them earlier on in the curriculum.
- Novak and Dr. Hatch gave the committee an update on Phase 2. Things are going well, the main focus is still getting Clerkship Directors to implement EPA’s.
- Zaidi noted that the EPA committee is still working on consensus building in Phase 1. Those who were at the AAMC meeting noted they were piloting longitudinal EPA tracking.
- Novak presented a Step 1 update that included the National data in comparison to UF.
- LCME Update
- Novak presented the most recent update for the LCME. Dr. Novak presented both the progresses and areas of concern for the LCME.
- New 4th Year Elective: Medical Hematology Oncology
- Genuardi presented the proposed 4th year elective on Hematology Oncology in Jacksonville. Motion made to approve the proposed elective, seconded, approved unanimously.
- Pain and Addiction Medicine in the Medical Curriculum
- Novak presented the information from the Council of Florida Medical School Deans regarding pain and addiction medicine. Dr. Novak also provided a brief overview of how UF covers pain and addiction in the curriculum including student visits to the Florida Recovery Center.
- Article: The Power of Subjectivity in the Assessment of Medical Trainees
- Novak briefly summarized the article and recommended the committee members should read the article as well.
End: 8:10 am
Next Meeting December 11, 2018, 7:30-9:00 am
HMEB Rm 128, Dean’s Conference Room with videoconference to Jacksonville Deal Boardroom