July 12, 2016
7:30 to 9:00 am
HMEB Room 128, Videoconference to Jacksonville Deal Boardroom
Member Attendees: Maureen Novak, Lou Ann Cooper, Tim Garren, Frank Genuardi, Heather Harrell, Robert Hatch, James Lynch, Hannah Norton, Tom Rowe, Daniel Rubin, Beverly Vidaurreta
Recording: Robyn Screws
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Novak at 7:45 am.
- Hatch provided an update from the Clerkships. Discussions at the previous meeting included the switch to New Innovations and how to better mentor students who struggle in the first couple years.
- Novak provided an update from the Course Director’s Committee. The committee approved increasing the passing grade to 75% for the overall of each course, except for the intensives.
- Novak presented a second draft of the information that is to be sent to LCME as an update for the College of Medicine. Since the meeting did not have a quorum present, voting on the document will take place via email. Update was approved by the Committee via email July 18th, 2016.
- Novak presented the Timeliness of Grades attachment, Diversity attachment, and Observed History and Physicals attachment, which will all also be sent to LCME.
Transfusion Services Elective Course
- Novak presented the proposal for a new fourth year elective’s course for Transfusion Services, which will also be sent out via email for approval. Elective course approved by the Committee via email July 18th, 2016.
- Harrell discussed a recommendation for improved direct observation during CLG’s that her taskforce has been addressing. A recommendation was made to have an update on how CLG’s are working be presented to the Curriculum Committee in order to address what works, what doesn’t, and what content should be included.
- Novak opened the discussion to what the group thinks the priorities for the Curriculum Committee should be for the upcoming year.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 am.
Next Meeting: August 9, 2016, 7:30-9:00 am, HMEB Room 128 (Deans Conference Room), videoconference to Jacksonville Deal Boardroom.