January 10th, 2017
7:30 to 9:00 am
HMEB Room 128, Videoconference to Jacksonville Deal Boardroom
Member Attendees: Joseph Fantone, Maureen Novak, Melanie Hagen, Heather Harrell, Robert Hatch, Kyle Rarey, Peter Sayeski, Marc Zumberg, Carol Diachun, Jennifer Hipp, Lou Ann Cooper, Gabe Daniels, Frank Genuardi, Michelle Jacobs-Elliott, Gretchen Kuntz, James Lynch, Wayne Dell, Ralph Rice, Zareen Zaidi, Rebecca Beyth
Recording: Kathy Green
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Novak at 7:30 am.
Rotation Schedule of 3rd Year
- Novak reviewed the clerkship rotation schedule for the Class of 2019.
Class of 2021 Year Schedule
- As an FYI, Dr. Novak reviewed the Phase 1 course timeline for the Class of 2021 with the committee.
- Sayeski provided an update from the Course Directors.
- Hatch provided an update from the Clerkship Directors. The Clerkship Director’s Retreat will be February 2nd, and the focus will be:
- Observation of physical exams
- Providing support for struggling students during clerkships.
- Beyth presented an overview of the PBLI thread throughout the first 3 years of the curriculum. The committee discussed types of evaluation within the thread and brainstormed possible experiences within the 4th year of the curriculum with Dr. Beyth, including: Sub-I’s, Journal Club, Coaching, CSE4, Geriatrics Clerkship, CLG/Portfolio, Individual Learning Plan.
- Novak and Beyth invited the committee to email them if they had additional questions or ideas.
Preliminary Step 1 Prediction Analysis
- Cooper presented aggregated data from the last 3 years to determine Step 1 predictability from a variety of factors. Committee members discussed the data, and requested that the learning specialist attend the next meeting.
Dr. Novak requested that committee members email 2-3 take home messages from today’s meeting.
A motion was made and seconded to approve the minutes from November 8, 2016. The committee members unanimously approved the minutes as presented.
Meeting adjourned at 9:03 am.
Next Meeting: February 14, 2017, 7:30-9:00 am, HMEB Room 128 (Deans Conference Room), videoconference to Jacksonville Deal Boardroom.